Event Dots view a la Cakewalk for Windows?

Terry Kelley

Is there a way to get CbB to show the measure with events using dots the way the old TT Cakewalk for Windows did in the main screen? It was easy to see clear where events were. It made cut/paste very easy. Maybe I just don't see it in CbB?

I know, "Go back to Windows 95 you infidel!!"

CfW.jpg

Edited by Awats

When zoomed out, the Clips Pane will usually show pretty clearly where 'clumps' of MIDI data exist unless it's extremely sparse. MIDI clips will usually only have long stretches of no data if they were recorded in a single pass in real time; parts entered in the PRV will usually end up in separate clips when there's more than a measure of empty space between events. It might be worth taking the time to split and trim long clips to eliminate 'dead air' and facilitate arranging

Edited by David Baay

Thanks David,

I agree that zooming out gives a rough approximation but it's still pretty busy. I've gotten used to the way it is but I was wondering if there was a setting that would collapse the clips similar to the old main screen on CfW. The old main screen allowed you to easily grab events without worrying about any grouping.

I've made a couple of adjustments in View/Display that helps.

Awats

Edited by Awats