Air Instrument Cloud

Reid Rosefelt

6 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

Eeeeeeeverybody is going subscription nowadays. Loopcloud just went sub based Monday. Even companies with limited content are trying to jump on the bandwagon. Not a fan.

Me either....I have ONE, the Slate All Access...that's the ONLY one I'll ever have!
And now that S-Gear isn't a part of it, It's really not high on my priority list. However,
TH-U Slate is decent enough...that that may keep me on....IDK

• Like 1

The one I have is EW composer Cloud and I think I get good value as they keep adding quality new content and I find a lot of useful stuff in libraries I would not have bought outright. I bought an air bundle for very little and don't see what they currently offer and their record of new releases would make the sub worth while.

• Like 2

I finally looked at this carefully and see that their $699.99 Perpetual License only includes products available at the time of purchase.  Any new AIR products will not be included.  So the $199.99 per year plan might be a better deal. 

https://www.airmusictech.com/cloud

Or.... you might want to pick most of them up for $50-$75 or so. 😳

I have most of their products - I was one of the (few) people who purchased Sonnivox Muse back in the day - it was based on Gigasampler - Air took them over - and inherited a big mess - my program corrupted, I went to my DVD installation disc and it had gone faulty....so I contacted Sonnivox (Air) and asked just for a new program installation file as I had (and still have) all the content - they didn't have it!!! I think there were licencing issues perhaps.

Anyway they really stepped up and as they could not help me with Muse, they offered a load of plug ins etc for free in exchange. Have to say their customer service in this instance was excellent.

I use a few of the products, but some do seem a bit on the elderly side to me😜😜

Nigel

5 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

I have most of their products - I was one of the (few) people who purchased Sonnivox Muse back in the day - it was based on Gigasampler - Air took them over - and inherited a big mess - my program corrupted, I went to my DVD installation disc and it had gone faulty....so I contacted Sonnivox (Air) and asked just for a new program installation file as I had (and still have) all the content - they didn't have it!!! I think there were licencing issues perhaps.

Anyway they really stepped up and as they could not help me with Muse, they offered a load of plug ins etc for free in exchange. Have to say their customer service in this instance was excellent.

I use a few of the products, but some do seem a bit on the elderly side to me😜😜

Nigel

Actually,  AIR and SONiVOX are  each owned separately by the parent company that bought them both, InMusic Brands.

InMusic Brands also owns Akai, Alesis, M-Audio, and others. https://www.inmusicbrands.com/

I like their plugins, but they really need to show a bit more love to their virtual instruments, instead of just continuing to recycle the same old  thing.

They had been promising a UI update for the AIR instruments with a new scalable interface for several years. That was according to their marketing rep Simon over at the KVR forum, but nothing has materialized yet. AIR even issued the newer Loom II with the same small UI.

I began to lose hope at at that point that updates to the existing instruments were in the works. :(

The bottom line that they are missing by a light year is that subscription licensing is for software that gets updated, for heaven's sake!

It isn't for a company known for having come out with very little new in the past 5 years, for selling instrument plug-ins recycled from having been bundled with Pro Tools almost a decade ago at bargain basement prices.

When they do come out with a new version of one of their instruments, it seems like the user base are kind of underwhelmed, and they wind up once again blowing it out for $20 in a couple of years.

It would be like "subscribing" to The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I have it, I'm fine with it as it is, and there's not going to be any new content.

This just illustrates how "differently clued" their operation seems.

• Like 3