Alternative mix, Secrets (of the songs and dance)

bats brew

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/secrets-mix-2

totally different approach on this one,
i left the other one up (which i never do) to a/b the two mixes.

this mix was faders down, start from scratch, spent about 45 minutes total on it.

the original mix, 6 months worth of half hour increments...! LOL

the diff on this one, is mostly where the synths are panned, and where the rhy guitars and solos are panned.

all levels are new.
i think i could STILL beef up the lows in the kick,and add a bit of meat to the primary synth line on the left.

vox too loud?

IMHO-the vox are anything but too loud.  I think they could come up just a small bit.  (BTW- If I may ask, where did you get the didgerdoo sample (or did you somehow come up with a real one)?  I have one on Iris 2 but it sounds like pure crap compared to yours.

🙂John B

This one is a bit different from the usual and I must say that I really like it.  The drums and bass add kind of sense of urgency that really carries the song along well.  That is complemented well by some extremely good guitar work.  As usual you lyrics and vocals are a class act (great timing, delivery and they fit the music)  and your and playing is top notch.  This is a very well thought out songs (e.g., the intro and outro using the didgerdoo  --  very cool).  Vocals too loud ---- nah, sounds good on my 'phones.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:00 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Bat,

on the Bose cans both mixes are good, I don’t hear any issues with the vocals on either mix. HTH

T

hey T, bose cans, check.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:10 AM, Harry C. said:

I don't think vox are too loud, maybe snare could have a touch reverb.

hey harry!

on drum tracks, i decided to use the room mics instead of 'verb', it sounded more natural to me.

in the mix, tho, they sound pretty dry, but they would REALLY sound dry if i took those room mics off!

i appreciate the comments, thanks

On 8/17/2019 at 6:48 AM, Johnbee58 said:

IMHO-the vox are anything but too loud.  I think they could come up just a small bit.  (BTW- If I may ask, where did you get the didgerdoo sample (or did you somehow come up with a real one)?  I have one on Iris 2 but it sounds like pure crap compared to yours.

🙂John B

john b, thank you for listening...

vox NOT too loud, check, i ended up eq'ing them a bit, which also had me bring them up in the mix.

i've been mixing pretty loud,  i'll do my 'soft' mix check before i get them mastered.

On 8/17/2019 at 11:11 AM, freddy j said:

This one is a bit different from the usual and I must say that I really like it.  The drums and bass add kind of sense of urgency that really carries the song along well.  That is complemented well by some extremely good guitar work.  As usual you lyrics and vocals are a class act (great timing, delivery and they fit the music)  and your and playing is top notch.  This is a very well thought out songs (e.g., the intro and outro using the didgerdoo  --  very cool).  Vocals too loud ---- nah, sounds good on my 'phones.

freddy, 

YEA! a bit different! LOL, 

appreciate the review and comments.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:44 AM, Wookiee said:

😭 Missed it again.

sorry there, wook....

moving quick on these.