Humble Bundle Magix software!

cclarry

1 hour ago, antler said:

If it's anything like the downloader 'installers' that I've used before, they may or may not work in future. Usually, I run them and let the full setup program download. When the full installer starts, you can use Task Manager to find the file location (usually in a temp folder), and archive that file.

From what I've seen, once you register with Magix (and redeem the code) the Magix site hosts an installer program.  

Of course a back up of an installer is always a good idea, but not 100% sure these on the bundle site will be the ones to archive.  Given these require authorization, unless they turn the authorization servers off and installer might not be of much use (should the day come where they are not in business).  

12 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I just installed Acid Pro 8.  Anybody know where I can find  the 9 GB  of Acid Loops? 

Go to Help then Download Loops and Instruments Collection.

The downside is the sounds for Vita can't be moved to a separate drive for that VI to work.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Go to Help then Download Loops and Instruments Collection.

The downside is the sounds for Vita can't be moved to a separate drive for that VI to work.

Thanks.  Downloading now.

I had no issues installing AP8 or SFP12. Very easy install and validation.   I then put in MP3  in my music computer and regular computer.  No problem registering both.

@kitekrazy  Do you know where the loops are installed?

Some may wish to note that the cheaper MAGIX stuff, e.g. Music Maker, tends to include adware which cannot be opted out of during install and which will pop up special offers on your desktop. Or at least it has been that way in the past. You have to uninstall an app called Connect to stop this happening. Sound Forge is not affected, to my knowledge.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trager said:

Some may wish to note that the cheaper MAGIX stuff, e.g. Music Maker, tends to include adware which cannot be opted out of during install and which will pop up special offers on your desktop. Or at least it has been that way in the past. You have to uninstall an app called Connect to stop this happening. Sound Forge is not affected, to my knowledge.

There is an app that resides in the tray for this...and you can disable it under your startup options
I believe

1 hour ago, Tiger The Frog said:

Thanks.  Downloading now.

I had no issues installing AP8 or SFP12. Very easy install and validation.   I then put in MP3  in my music computer and regular computer.  No problem registering both.

@kitekrazy  Do you know where the loops are installed?

I think it's in My Documents.  They don't even give you the option of where to install. You can move the loops but not the loops and instruments folder if you want their Vita instruments to work.  There was a rant about that one their forums.

2 hours ago, trager said:

Here's a link to a thread in the Coffee House that shows how to disable the adware:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Acid looks so primitive and clunky compared to modern daws these days, I did use it for many years though. Acid and vegas made me a lot of money in a broadcast production studio I had some time ago so I have a soft spot for them, watching for the vegas 16 deal.....

• Like 1

Thanks Larry! 

I have recently sold off all of my Samplitube Pro X3 Suite parts which I bought when Cakewalk went under. I sold it in parts including SF Pro 11 and ended up slightly in profit so cannot complain! However I couldn't resist this deal to get SF Pro 12. I will definitely get Vegas 16 too when that's in an HB deal even though I am finding DaVinci Resolve to be a great replacement (v 16 is now out of beta and 16.1 beta has just been released).

16 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

@kitekrazy  Do you know what directory the Vita files are?  I'd like to delete them.

It seems like Vita only works in Acid and the sounds aren't as good as the ones I have in Kontakt.

15 hours ago, S.L.I.P. said:

Here's a link to a thread in the Coffee House that shows how to disable the adware:

I just unchecked Update Notifier in the Windows services configuration Startup tab (msconfig.exe).

Edited by Paul P

12 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

@kitekrazy  Do you know what directory the Vita files are?  I'd like to delete them.

It seems like Vita only works in Acid and the sounds aren't as good as the ones I have in Kontakt.

So did you check out the other sounds? 

On 8/16/2019 at 3:42 AM, Tezza said:

Acid looks so primitive and clunky compared to modern daws these days

Maybe so, but I think that with a couple simple enhancements and optimization it could be made into a brilliant music sketchpad, at the very least. Too bad in its current state it's a misery to use, doesn't work too well with my interface's ASIO, crashes, lags as hell... That's under heavy VST usage. I liked many aspects of it, but in the end it had a negative effect on my productivity anywhere beyond a couple loops utilizing a few VI's.