Humble Bundle Magix software!

cclarry

9 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Tempting and not tempting.  Acid Pro 8 ruins that and so does that Acid Planet voucher.  I'd bet Acid Music Studio is better than AP8.  So I have to wonder if SF12 is worth it even because it's 64 bit.

I'm pretty sure the only question here is if SF12 is worth $25.

Not postiive but I think 64 bit and VST3 were added to that version (over 11).  Also wondering about the temptation myself, at least we have a few days to decide.

I bit just for SF Pro 12...the rest I could care less about, but I knew
it would be offered on this, and $25 is cheaper than $199!  Acid Pro
8 also, since I'm on 7, but no biggie.  I would have just bought SF Pro 12
if that was the only thing offered.

• Like 2

Just now, slartabartfast said:

I doubt I would use the rest of the bundle, but $25 to upgrade from Sound Forge Pro 11 to 12 seems pretty reasonable, and puts me only one version behind.

Thanks for the tip.

That's how I've been playing this game.  Seems the old version always comes up on
this...Vegas 16 is next...

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

17 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

What is wrong with Acid Pro 8?  I have Acid Pro 7, and it seems like a good deal to upgrade and get 64 bit for $25.   Not to mention SF Pro  12. 

Not a thing.  I'll probably be installing it.  The rest of the stuff I really don't care about!

• Thanks 1

Same here, I may jump in for SF Pro 12 and Acid but the rest isn't as enticing as the previous Magix music bundle was for me.  I actually could have used some of that 80s content from the one I bought into  for an upcoming game project but I'd have to shell out more than I paid in order to upgrade to the royalty free usage license for those.

I am most definitely awaiting the Vegas 16 dealio too, thanks for the reminder that should come soon Larry.

Edit - though I really want to get No Man's Sky at 50% off (I see it at 50% off on Humble and Steam) because that huge update just dropped and looks very cool.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I bit just for SF Pro 12...the rest I could care less about, but I knew
it would be offered on this, and $25 is cheaper than $199!  Acid Pro
8 also, since I'm on 7, but no biggie.  I would have just bought SF Pro 12
if that was the only thing offered.

Same here.  I use to have 2 licenses of AP7.   I'll slap AP8 on the older machines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

You guys are forgetting about the $19.99 voucher code for Producer Planet!

They have AWESOME video content.

I will definitely be using their animated flag of Uruguay a LOT!!

https://www.producerplanet.com/us/article/animated-flag-of-uruguay-2645/

I'm curious what anyone picked or considering.

Is it wrong to admit there is something about this one.

https://www.producerplanet.com/us/article/herzklopfen-5915/

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Anyone else thinning of getting rid of their DAWs in favor of Music Maker EDM Edition.

BTW I like that MP3 program.  I found some Goth radio stations.

I've already listed my DAW's on KVR...with Music Maker, I don't need anything
else!

2 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I can't stop listening to it.   Schlager On, Dudes!

The background stiff is nice.  Now they have a buy 1 get one free.   I also like to cover art.   I guess loop libraries are bringing back the cover art. 

The Electro Trap library is nice if you don't use any of the melodic stuff.

18 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

BTW you can archive the installers. You will see a Magix folder with all of the installers.

It looks to me like the "installers" that download from Humble Bundle are just stubs that download the full content from the server when running. If so there may not be much point to archiving them, or are you saying the full downloaded programs and content are stored on the host computer somewhere?

9 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

It looks to me like the "installers" that download from Humble Bundle are just stubs that download the full content from the server when running. If so there may not be much point to archiving them, or are you saying the full downloaded programs and content are stored on the host computer somewhere?

If it's anything like the downloader 'installers' that I've used before, they may or may not work in future. Usually, I run them and let the full setup program download. When the full installer starts, you can use Task Manager to find the file location (usually in a temp folder), and archive that file.