Faderport 8&16

grandude1

Are there any plans to include native support for Presonus Faderport 8/16? I know it works in mcu mode but the controller in native mode has more features that I believe could make the work flow even better. As a very long time user of Sonar I would love to see it integrated in native(studio one) mode. I would like to see the ability to open up the pro channel and be able to adjust the parameters. Also track colors (or colours) also would be a nice feature as well. Sincerely,

Greg Morton

• Like 1

I can't speak for the companies involved, but I can speculate :)  I don't think Presonus has much incentive to go really deep into customizing the Faderport for Cakewalk beyond the Mackie compatibility, and Cakewalk has bigger fish to fry...besides, then there would likely be customer pressure on Cakewalk to start creating templates for other controllers. 

The only way I see a dedicated Cakewalk controller happening is if BandLab itself decides to make one, or if they "anoint" a hardware controller made by some other company as the "official" controller, and concentrate on making a Cakewalk-specific template (which would likely require a commitment to updates as well). If they chose the latter route, though, the Faderport would be a good choice.

Thanks Craig. I wouldn't expect Presonus to do that and my main DAW is Studio One.  However I still have old band mates working in Sonar so it makes it easy for us to work  back and forth.  I was just hoping out loud that there might be some interest on the Bandlab side to consider it and I do still enjoy working in Sonar too.  After all they still have the Tascam US-428 in there (and I still have mine too - LOL!)  I just prefer how the FP16 works in native mode as opposed to how it works in MCU (Sonar)mode.  

• Like 1