[Solved] - BandLab Assistant update is looping...

HIBI

Today, I get Update message on BandLab Assistant. So I did update and got "Update Failed" and "Please Download and then Install BandLab Assistant manually."
I downloaded "bandlab-assistant-windows-latest" and then installed it. But BandLab Assistant is saying "A new version of BandLab Assistant is available for update" again, again, again...

Seems downloaded bandlab-assistant-windows-latest.exe is ver 5.0.4.
I had ver 5.0.4 for a long time. Why do I get update message on BA? 

I tried on my another PC and getting same results...

Edited by HIBI
[Solved] Seems update server had been having an issue...

11 hours ago, MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve) said:

I am wondering if when this happens others are left with "hanging" processes in Task Manager.

BandLab Assistant hanging processes.png

It is normal for BA to show multiple threads in Windows Task Manager due to the Chrome Embedded Framework used by the program.

• Like 1

My update shows for Bandlab Assistant 5.0.5; however, while downloading I get a Javascript Error. After closing the Javascript Error popup, I look to see if app on my desktop and it's there (Windows 10; 64-bit). When I try opening up the app I get the Javascipt Error at that time too. I've tried Unistalling and Reinstalling many times. Same result...it doesn't work.

That's new and other issue, not related to an issue on this thread.
Let's talk about it on the thread what you posted already.

FYI:
For now, there is no update message on BandLab Assistant, btw. (My BA is still v5.0.4) So I guess they are temporarily stopping it. But direct downloaded installer from BandLab site is version 5.0.5

Edited by HIBI
typo

• 1 year later...

Been trying to update Bandlab Assistant for the past week and its just frozen halfway. I cant use it to install add-ons because it goes back to the updating then freezes halfway.  i tried to download the latest version and install but it still does the same. Please help.

Edited by chali digital