Showing scale in piano roll

kevmsmith81

I was looking at the piano roll last night, so please excuse me if i've missed something!

Is there anyway of the piano roll editor highlighting the notes in a specific scale?  So, for example, selecting the F# scale, and making all the notes that fit within that scale a different colour to the rest?

I don't want to use the snap to scale option, as there are sometimes obviously reasons to use notes which don't fit within the scale.  Just that this would be a useful feature for composition, especially when you're an idiot with regards to music theory like me.

Now, I know the simplest thing would be to just put some stuff in using C major or A minor and then transpose, but I'd prefer to have the option of highlighting the scale.

No, this is not currently possible. You could limit what notes get passed to the synth using a Drum Map so that only notes in the scale make sound, but then you wouldn't be able to easily go outside the scale. You'd be able to place the notes in the PRV, but you wouldn't hear them until you modified the map.