Loopcloud 7.2 update

satya

15 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Yep the free version was nice.  I think ADSR Sample Manager a good (free) alternative since the early versions of Loopcloud are hard to find.

Here is the Loopcloud 7.2 blog page:

https://www.loopcloud.com/cloud/blog/5123-Your-Guide-to-Producing-with-Loopcloud-7-2

I've always had problems with these programs - Loopcloud, Arcade, etc. Anything that requires significant internet communication inside the DAW, has extensive e-commerce functionality, and / or has absurdly bloated UI like Arcade, seems to cause endless problems for me. Arcade is far worse than most (images are loaded through internet-browser loads in the background...i.e. you'll notice 10 or so internet browser processes in task manager when it's running, and many calls to the GPU), but Loopcloud has given me so many problems. They've constantly said that performance issues (especially regarding online previewing) would be improved, but it's always buggy af.

I noticed ADSR manager also has default nonsense like frequency colored stereo wav images - I can only imagine the bloated code behind that program as well. 

Just give me an elegant, but simple UI, with an excellent database search, and optional image display (ideally there would be  none or just a greyscale .wav form a la Cubase mediabay), and keep the e-commerce aspects as minimal and easy as possible. This can be done and look excellent. The Standalone loopcloud app is already a bloated POS (and the search is now worse than ever, with database searching split over THREE tabs now...Search (which is mostly useless), Explore (which is 100% useless), and Library (which has 99% useless negative space on a large monitor), with most of that bloated code going into the native DAW program. Just want siiiiimple. I swear these designers take lessons from 90s era Geocities websites.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Haha 1