Sonar crashing in Windows 10

Lado

Question

Just the last few days Sonar has been crashing with various messages - "not enough disk space" (I have over a terabyte available), "there are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system" (gee, it was working 5 minutes ago with my Apollo 8 thunderbolt), also a lot of "corrupt audio region" and "silent busses", none of which I can account for with simple guitar and vocal tracks. Could this all be something to do with the July Windows updates or is BandLab just insisting I install the newest update?

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Lado said:

Just the last few days Sonar has been crashing with various messages - "not enough disk space" (I have over a terabyte available), "there are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system" (gee, it was working 5 minutes ago with my Apollo 8 thunderbolt), also a lot of "corrupt audio region" and "silent busses", none of which I can account for with simple guitar and vocal tracks. Could this all be something to do with the July Windows updates or is BandLab just insisting I install the newest update?

There was an August Windows update as well.  Check your drivers - maybe Microsoft updated those to generic versions.

Personally, I have told Microsoft never to touch drivers while doing their monthly updates.  Disabling all Windows updates is generally a bad idea - but I like to update hardware drivers myself by visiting the actual manufacturer's websites.

This could also be a hard disk on the way out.  Check your system event logs for disk errors - like bad blocks, etc

17 hours ago, Promidi said:

There was an August Windows update as well.  Check your drivers - maybe Microsoft updated those to generic versions.

Personally, I have told Microsoft never to touch drivers while doing their monthly updates.  Disabling all Windows updates is generally a bad idea - but I like to update hardware drivers myself by visiting the actual manufacturer's websites.

This could also be a hard disk on the way out.  Check your system event logs for disk errors - like bad blocks, etc

Well I've at least temporarily solved most of the problems by increasing  my I/O buffer.  Promidi, I'm curious how you "told" Microsoft not to update your drivers. I don't see any settings in the update section of Windows that would allow me to do this.