Functionality Similar to The Arranger and Scratch Pad in Studio One

Christopher Dunston

I've been  a Cakewalk user for 20+ years, and I am so excited that it continues to live on. I was on SPLat, and didn't want to make the jump until Bandlab picked up the franchise. While doing this I noticed a cool feature a fried used in Studio One to test out arrangements and easily rearrange sections in the song. I'd like to see something similar to this. I do a lot R&B/Pop music, and this would make it a lot more easier to move groups of tracks within sections around to experiment with different arrangements.  They call them The Arranger and Scratchpad in Studio One. This would be an awesome and helpful feature to add. Instead of grabbing individual tracks, you can could select a bar which represented that section and grab all the tracks as a group and place them in different parts of the song (in time). Hope this finds your eyes and ears well!! I Love Cakewalk!!!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I for one, would be happy to pay for such an update.  CbBL is an excellent DAW, but making changes to a song's arrangement late in the game, when there are many tracks to deal with, is cumbersome and very time consuming.   This needs to be quick and easy, otherwise the inspiration dies in the middle of the process.   Please developers, consider adding some sort of arranger track.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...