Jesse Jost

I'm still using SONAR, how do I get started?

Still using SONAR? Time to upgrade Cakewalk by BandLab!

SONAR is now Cakewalk by BandLab. With countless improvements, plus major stability and performance enhancements, Cakewalk by BandLab is the DAW you know and love, only better!

And did we mention it's FREE?

There's never been a better time to start using Cakewalk by BandLab. If you have questions or concerns about getting started, this handy FAQ will tell you all you need to know: 

https://bandlab.github.io/cakewalk/docs/FAQ/

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

What about old plugins that were included with Sonar? I can install cyclone, rxp only with Cakewalk Sonar installed. Will it be updated to install them to Cakewalk by BandLab?

No, SONAR X2 was the last version of SONAR that would install on XP. Newer versions of SONAR and CbB use Microsoft libraries not available on XP.

I have a question:
I had X3 Producer with all the bells and whistles. As that iteration of the product was dying, I downloaded all of the software that I had paid for. However, my list of registration codes has disappeared, and I can no longer seem to get into that old account. I still want to be able to use the programs, but I need the access codes, and all of the emails to customer support have gone unanswered.

So is there any way to get my list of registration codes from back in the day?

3 minutes ago, Moving Air Productions said:

So is there any way to get my list of registration codes from back in the day?

support@cakewalk.com

43 minutes ago, Moving Air Productions said:

Tried them. Multiple times. No response.

The support link on the old site no longer works. But the email should still go to the same place that support@bandlab.com does.

They have helped a number of former Cakewalk customers regain access to their old credentials.

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

The support link on the old site no longer works. But the email should still go to the same place that support@bandlab.com does.

They have helped a number of former Cakewalk customers regain access to their old credentials.

Support can help as long as the user participated in the SSO account migration from 2014 through the end of operations. See

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021666254-I-used-Cakewalk-a-long-time-ago-but-now-Cakewalk-com-says-account-creation-is-disabled-

30 minutes ago, scook said:

Support can help as long as the user participated in the SSO account migration from 2014 through the end of operations. See

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021666254-I-used-Cakewalk-a-long-time-ago-but-now-Cakewalk-com-says-account-creation-is-disabled-

Is the address support@cakewalk.com still active? The poster claimed they got no response?