Si tu savais

RikF

Rik,

The tone is amazing, had to have a look at the Zoom AC-2 after hearing this, looks pretty cool.      I always dread acoustic guitar recording because it is a hassle with mics and I am getting old and lazy:)    The Zoom seems pretty versatile,convenient and most importantly, realistic.

Your improv is really good.   I like how you started with the original them of Si tu savais and then did your own thing.   Really fantastic sound and playing.... you have a real talent.   Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Hey Mark thanks so much for listening and the nice comments. It’s a really fun piece to improvise over.It seems to be afavorite for many gypsy jazz player too.

l’ve got to record direct because of my bad wezing and coughing, chronic bronchitis, this Zoom ac 2 really sounds nice and the resonator settings sounds like a Selmer Maccaferri.  The different guitar types work really well with my Ovation,mold setting, and the dreadnought settings sound really nice with my James Nelligan Riversong dreadnought. Pretty cheap too and very clean sounding.It also has a nice reverb.

Rik

Rik,

I have an old Ovation Legend Acoustic from around 1981 with an awful piezo pickup.   It records terribly unless using a condenser mic.     I wonder if it would sound good with the Zoom?  Is your Ovation a similar vintage and how would you rate the sound from it going DI with the Zoom?

Regards

Hey Mark, my Ovation is only a few years old and has a slimline pickup , not like the one in your Ovation.

I did have an american made Ovation Elite in the late eighties but only used it live, not to record.  

I can only say that I’ve tried the zoom with 4 guitars, 3 steelstring and one nylon , and they all sound great. Two of them have very basic Fishman sonitone pickups, the Ovation their slimline pickup and the nylonstring has a Shadow pickup system.

Hope this helps.

Rik

p.s. I use a thicker pick when I record direct. A 3mm pick instaed of the 2mm pick I use to play acousticly and I pick a bit softer for a mellower sound.

Edited by RikF