8DIO Vocal Week

cclarry

43 minutes ago, Glyn Barnes said:

That's what I would like to know!

The big difference is the Soundiron one (which is part of Voices of Gaia) has legato ah/ee/eh/mm/oh/oo instruments (that are pretty nice) in addition to a bunch of other playable articulations plus a bunch of song-like phrases.  The 8Dio version is more short songs and chants, think small phrase loops.  Soundiron is definitely the better vocal library with far more flexibility and range of use.

• Thanks 3

After having some of these type of libraries I don't really find them of great value.  Outside of the sung vowels it's like mapping stems to Kontakt. I have plenty of vocal samples that I can dice or run through Melodyne that these type of libraries eventually don't get used.  I have one from Soundiron and a bunch from Sonokinetic.    I have Realivox Blue, The Ladies, and EW Symphonic Choir which I haven't made use of yet.

There are plenty of great loop libraries out there like ones from Black Octopus.  I think there are frees one from Music Radar.

I am tempted to get New Forgotten Voices Francesca for $8. Anyone have that?

8 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

After having some of these type of libraries I don't really find them of great value.  Outside of the sung vowels it's like mapping stems to Kontakt. I have plenty of vocal samples that I can dice or run through Melodyne that these type of libraries eventually don't get used.  I have one from Soundiron and a bunch from Sonokinetic.    I have Realivox Blue, The Ladies, and EW Symphonic Choir which I haven't made use of yet.

There are plenty of great loop libraries out there like ones from Black Octopus.  I think there are frees one from Music Radar.

I am tempted to get New Forgotten Voices Francesca for $8. Anyone have that?

I tend to end up using the basic vowel as pads most of the time, so they are a bit of a sledge hammer to crack a nut for me. I am always tempted when this type of library is on sale for some reason even though I don't really get the value out of the ones I have. I will be passing this time.

I think the best solo voice from 8Dio is Jenifer, which is reflected in its higher price tag.  Unlike most of their stuff, it stands up well to the female solo vocal libraries from other companies.

If the big NI sale on Soundiron vocal libraries wasn't on now, I would seriously be considering buying it.   If I buy the Soundiron package, I'm going to feel like my hands are more than full with female vocals.  

Edited by Tiger The Frog
  • Like 2

I passed on the Soundiron deal and bought 8Dio's New Studio Sopranos for $78.  Highly recommended. 

If you like the way this sounds.... this is exactly what all the legatos sound like.  And there's a lot more to this library, including poly legato on phrases. 

Edited by Tiger The Frog
  • Like 1