Till the End

Jesse Screed

I think there's the makings of a quite nice song here, and there's a nice clean sound in the mix that I like.

I agree with the comment about the drums, they need to be more up there and to my ear,  your vocals are too forward.  I also hear a lot of proximity effect in your vocals where you are perhaps a bit too close to the mic. You can eq that out to a great degree rather than re-record it, but it's best not to have it there in the first place.  It doesn't sound like there's any compression going on with the vocal track, just some limiting on the overall mix (or my ear doesn't have the experience to hear what  you've done here.) Some compression will help the track settle into the mix better. 

Finally, while everything's subjective when it comes to stuff like this, if it were my track I'd pan the vocals more toward the center.

6 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Mix-wise, I'd recommend vocal down, drums up as a start. Probably guitar down a bit, too.

I agree.

Nice to hear you do something that deviates a bit from your normal stuff Jesse. Keep growing and stretching. It looks good on you.