Pro Channel Modules

Eric Solomon

1 hour ago, Eric Solomon said:

Yea, I'm kicking myself now because I had all of that before; along with the nomad factory blue tube stuff. I moved away from Cakewalk Sonar to Cubase, uninstalled Sonar, changed computers, now back to Sonar (CBB) and lost all that other stuff..grrrr

Sonar and anything else you have purchased is all still available in your online Cakewalk Account.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 7:24 AM, Eric Solomon said:

De-esser, Gate and Limiter Pro channel modules

But Cakewalk already has two of those three. What? Where?

The unsung and oft-forgotten Style Dials,  which are always waiting to add some Style.

Right click as usual to insert a ProChannel module and all the way down at the bottom of the list of modules you'll find an otherwise empty blank box that says "Style Dial Fx." Click on that box and hey! Eight more ProChannel modules, Cakewalk's answer to Waves' "One Knob" series except they're actually more useful.

Gater is the aptly-named gate, Smoother is the de-esser. But wait, there's more.

if you feeling real ballsy, throw in a transient shaper

Apparently they were feeling rather spherical when they put in those styley dials, because Shaper is a transient shaper. These Style Dials are a bag of surprises.

There's also a compressor, tremolo, spatializer, reverb, and saturator to play with. I tend to forget about them because I have standalone plug-ins that cover their functions and offer more control, so it's good to revisit what they can do.

• Like 1

I think I read on the old forum that they are simplified front ends to other plug-ins that come with CbB like the PX/VX modules, so there's nothing wrong with the processing.

I've not spent much time with them, but when I did, I found them surprisingly useful. There's something about using a plug-in with one big knob on it that bruises my ego. I like to think that my mad master mixmanship skills demand full control over every parameter.🤣

But then I remember that some of my most beloved compressors, like the LA/2A and clones, are not that far off from being one knob wonders. There are no knobs for attack and release on an LA/2A.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...