new member with no idea

Paul Bush

5 minutes ago, Paul Bush said:

there is a HDMI conection

I wouldn't be concerned about this. As long as the system has a Display Port, like the first system you were looking at, you can connect any monitor. Display Ports will accept adaptors for any kind of video connector, including HDMI. The adaptors are inexpensive.

4 minutes ago, Paul Bush said:

Ive now noticed it`s a gamer pc do I have to load these things

Every pre-configured PC is going to come with a certain amount of "crapware" installed. It's a source of revenue for the companies who build them.

Even just Windows 10 itself comes with a bunch of Microsoft games and XBox stuff that I went through and disabled on my system.

It's only a matter of removing it.

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

I wouldn't be concerned about this. As long as the system has a Display Port, like the first system you were looking at, you can connect any monitor. Display Ports will accept adaptors for any kind of video connector, including HDMI. The adaptors are inexpensive.

Every pre-configured PC is going to come with a certain amount of "crapware" installed. It's a source of revenue for the companies who build them.

Even just Windows 10 itself comes with a bunch of Microsoft games and XBox stuff that I went through and disabled on my system.

It's only a matter of removing it.

Thanks  I think I may be going with the first one  and add as you say an HDMI adapter  https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07P7NMFFH/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_rDVwDbKZDD8XW?fbclid=IwAR3EumH1HTw6rLYr7GINtt7edSBu4XeksV_DTNSLqn1-KeGu4IxgU7-tXKA

but watch this  space i could change my mind 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

This item or similar, is what I use. You can get a cable with Display Port on one end and HDMI on the other, but I find the adaptor to be more versatile.

Thanks starship I´m still dithering ,there´s so much choice , as long as I get it up and running in the ext couple of weeeks or so  

Well Well , Ive now found something cheaper but seems to have everything i would bet by with -need the choice out there is endless https://www.amazon.de/Multimedia-12-Kern-Computer-Garantie-FX-8800/dp/B07RZ6BJ3Q/ref=sr_1_20?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=3GZ2A941TVW4V&keywords=pc+64+bit+mit+windows+10&qid=1566366442&s=ce-de&sprefix=pc+64+bit+%2Celectronics%2C231&sr=1-20 

any comments ,        I´m really picking your brains  thanks 

Here's where things get really esoteric.

Others can speak for how the presence or absence of Hyperthreading (the Intel system has it, the AMD does not) would affect Cakewalk, but one thing is, between the two processors, that AMD has support for the AVX2 instruction set and that Intel does not. They are both old chips. Newer Intels support the instructions.

I know that Vojtech of Meldaproduction uses those instructions in his plug-ins, and they are applicable to many multimedia and rendering operations, but I don't know for sure whether Cakewalk uses them. I'd  be almost certain it does, as they have been around a long time now and the baker/devs are quite up on this sort of thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions

This discussion is relevant to my interests, as I have a friend who also  wants to  buy a DAW computer and asked for my advice.

WEll starship ,  all that info  went way over my head as the titel states ``new member with no idea ´´ I know that I´m posing almost impossible questions , what I would like is a ``yes or no ´´  that would work well etc  I´m sure its all not as simple as that , would I be right in saying that an intel i5 upwards would be the way to go ? rather AMD   I´m sorry if I´m putting you on the spot , I really have no clue on computers (I`m 62 years old)  thanks so much PB

Look guy`s I dont want to be a nuisance but Ive stumble (once again ) on this one cheaper but maybe as good as for my small productions ? 20 tracks with plug ins etc no video production tell me what you think , thanks PB

https://www.amazon.de/Multimedia-12-Kern-Computer-Garantie-FX-8800/dp/B07QS9HV57/ref=sr_1_20?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=3GZ2A941TVW4V&keywords=pc%2B64%2Bbit%2Bmit%2Bwindows%2B10&qid=1566366442&s=ce-de&sprefix=pc%2B64%2Bbit%2B%2Celectronics%2C231&sr=1-20&th=1

regards PB

@Paul Bush,

If money is a concern, you may want to consider a refurbished computer.  For example here is a Dell tower with Windows 10 Pro, Intel Quad Core i7-2600 3.4Ghz CPU, 16 GB of ram, 1 TB hard drive and a DVD/RW optical drive for $409 US.  It also has a one year warranty and the company sells through WalMart and is Microsoft and Dell certified.

https://discountelectronics.com/dell-optiplex-790-quad-core-i7-tower-windows-7-pro-computer/?gclid=CjwKCAjwnf7qBRAtEiwAseBO_IyVASVGljM6qEfMzHTCDzdtyIx9orL4cr2zB8Dyxv13PXwi0yikVxoCkyUQAvD_BwE

Just looked at the first machine you posted, and noticed its running an i7 3770 processor. Whilst it'll definitely do the job (I've got it's little brother, the i5 3570) - that is one OLD processor. 

And €649 is a lot of money for such an old machine. I built mine back in 2012 for a lot less than that, and the processor had just come out.

You could get a much more modern i5 or i7 for a lot less, especially if you order from the UK (shipping before the 31st Oct should be fairly cheap, and the exchange rate is excellent at the moment).

Personally I'd avoid AMD, as I've heard many reports that plugins don't perform as well, but you might find they do the job fine.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I´d like to thank you all for your help support and advice , Ive now bought a computer and all is well, I´m now working on my first song with bandlab and i´m totally happy its so flexible and I`m saving so much  time programming my EZ toontrack drums  what used to take hours now takes minutes its all learning by doing

cheers paul Bush

• Like 1