Constrain keboard to scale?

Corrado Prizzi

Oh yes! Thanks. That looks like what I'm after.  Was hoping CW might have had it. I don't do much in MIDI at all.

Btw.. You're not by any chance Mike McCleod from Heaton Mersey are you?

In which case, Mike, I'm sorry for for scratching up your brand new skateboard 40 (+) years ago buddy. 🤔

• Haha 1

If anyone's interested in this (not the skateboard damage details..) I found this:

Autotonic. Presentation vid by Computer Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPq41SFyh7g

Bought the digi version of the issue (links on the video) and got the full version of Atotonic! Amazing! 5 bucks!

Thanks David.

I'm absolutely no keyboard player - I can just about manage to play guitar chords and I have no theory whatsover.

Using Autotonic, I can select any ANY scale quickly and just play pure improv on the white keys. No wrong notes.

After the initial blowout, I'm now making really lovely, interesting (imho) chords, chops and runs which then get cut, repeated and edited.

Yes, cheating like hell, but what isn't when sequencing. I'd say this is the most fun I've ever had playing keys.

BR

Edited by Corrado Prizzi
semantics

The Transpose MFX has constrain to scale and custom map options which should work as well.

To record the effect in real time requires a virtual MIDI cable to connect the MIDI track hosting the plug-in to the input of the recording track. Or just add the MFX to the MIDI FX rack, set up the plug-in as needed, record with input echo enabled to hear the effect of the mapping and apply the effect after recording to change the notes in the clips.

• Great Idea 1

46 minutes ago, Corrado Prizzi said:

Yes, cheating like hell, but what isn't when sequencing. I'd say this is the most fun I've ever had playing keys.

Yes, I can see how that might be both helpful and fun. I'm a pretty decent self-taught keyboard player, but I still can't solo fast without hitting lots of 'wrong' notes.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:01 PM, Corrado Prizzi said:

Btw.. You're not by any chance Mike McCleod from Heaton Mersey are you?

In which case, Mike, I'm sorry for for scratching up your brand new skateboard 40 (+) years ago buddy. 🤔

No, sorry - not me :)