Problem with MIDI recording

alnicomagnets

Question

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with MIDI recording.

I'm working on a huge project (+50 audio tracks , 1hour aprox) and I want to record live some MIDI instruments. But it doesn't seem to work. You can draw it manually, but not record it live via a MIDI controller.

I did it before, when the project wasn't so big and it worked. And when starting a new project, I add an instrument and everything works.

So everything seems to be a problem of CPU space. But I made a copy, deleted every track except from one general mix and it didn't work. But then again, I didn't save and reboot, so I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about freezing some tracks, but I'm not sure. Can I save the project with freezed tracks and unfreeze them afterwards?

Thank you for your help.

My gear is an i7 3rd gen processor with SSD Drive for CPU and a external 1 Tb HDD for Data. My MIDI controller is Arturia Keystep 32, and the VI I'm using is LABS by Spitfire Audio. But I changed the controller and the VI and none helps

2 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, alnicomagnets said:

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with MIDI recording.

I'm working on a huge project (+50 audio tracks , 1hour aprox) and I want to record live some MIDI instruments. But it doesn't seem to work. You can draw it manually, but not record it live via a MIDI controller.

I did it before, when the project wasn't so big and it worked. And when starting a new project, I add an instrument and everything works.

So everything seems to be a problem of CPU space. But I made a copy, deleted every track except from one general mix and it didn't work. But then again, I didn't save and reboot, so I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about freezing some tracks, but I'm not sure. Can I save the project with freezed tracks and unfreeze them afterwards?

Thank you for your help.

My gear is an i7 3rd gen processor with SSD Drive for CPU and a external 1 Tb HDD for Data. My MIDI controller is Arturia Keystep 32, and the VI I'm using is LABS by Spitfire Audio. But I changed the controller and the VI and none helps

Freezing tracks is definitely the answer, and yes, you can unfreeze them afterwards.