Slow save

lmu2002

After the recent CW update I have noticed that saving a project takes a lot longer than before. Especially if the time between saves is also long (more recordings, edits etc). It can take up to 10 secs. I haven't changed the drive (=sata SSD) or anything else, and I have just been working on one single project.  What could be causing this?

5 minutes ago, lmu2002 said:

specially if the time between saves is also long (more recordings, edits etc). It can take up to 10 secs.

It probably is because of some of the Edits / Recording and etc you did. Depending on the edits and what ever else you did, those edits can effect the save time.

Try another project and see.  FYI: I have not noticed any difference after the update. 

I continued finding out what caused this. I changed my bios drive setting from CSM to Uefi and now the drive functions seem faster. It shaved a good 5 sec off my boot time also (now 9,4s). I'm quite sure it's not related to the initial problem because I hadn't touched my bios in ages but the result is very pleasing. I still want to experience more with CW to make sure the slowness doesn't reappear when making plenty of edits etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a very fast M2 SSD and I have no audio files within my projects and a typical one take over 50 seconds to save.  The current project contains VST 83 tracks and has a size of 72 meg.

It takes as long to load all the samples as it does to save the file.

I'm pretty sure this is to do with VST plugins.    I switched to an M2 SSD as I noticed that on saving there are thousands of 4k wav files saved each time the project runs (currently 1900 files), and these disappear on closing the project, but can't account for the time .