Keyboard Shortcuts --> Preferences

Astraios

35 minutes ago, seadude said:

Hi Astra-los. Yes I have and yes it did. Nightmare! I also recognise your use of n key.   There's a certain randomness about it.  

I'd tried it again now:  exactly 35 (untill it crashes immediately without any warning )

It took me 90 'do nothings' to replicate the crash when Cakewalk closed without generating a logfile.  Report sent to tech support as per scook's suggestions.

Now trying to replicate other shortcut issues.

I am also adding a feature request in Features and Ideas.

1 hour ago, seadude said:

It took me 90 'do nothings' to replicate the crash when Cakewalk closed without generating a logfile

Hey SeaDude - good action! 👍

90 'no actioners' must be around 'ctrl-F6'  in the editor-list    he he 🤩

Ctrl+I (for example) is not to find in the selection of assignable commands in keybinding-editor, but it is listed in the CbC shortcut list (online manual). How many other commands aren't listed (not listed means to me --> not assignable)?

Also very frustrating is the fact to be unable to get an overview about the already made assis .  A print function would be a good wish for next x-mas...

I#ve also sent a report with my poor english slipslop

best plug-in ever: delay lame  

4 hours ago, Astra-Ios said:

Why aren't the groups and areas in keybinding-editor not synchon to the groups they have created in their shortcut manual you can read online?

Basic shortcuts

Menu command shortcuts

View shortcuts

Track view shortcuts

Transport shortcuts

Record shortcuts

Tools shortcuts

Edit Filter shortcuts

Snap to Grid shortcuts

Nudge shortcuts

Screenset shortcuts

Marker shortcuts

Loop shortcuts

Clip shortcuts

Track State shortcuts

Automation shortcuts

Quantize shortcuts

Browser shortcuts

Piano Roll view shortcuts

Step Sequencer shortcuts

Surround Panner (large) shortcuts

Play List shortcuts

Video view shortcuts

🈶️🈲️ this is what I see -->

keybinding groups.PNG

4 minutes ago, seadude said:

Looks all German to me 😀

I think we have probably done this now! To summarise:-

Shortcuts at present are illogically arranged, not user-friendly, and not all menu items and actions are available as shortcuts which hampers workflow.

The shortcuts have evolved over time. Some of them have been around since Cakewalk 1.0 in 1987, and as users have upgraded over the years they've expected them to largely remain constant so as not to confuse their workflow.

I found the jump from Sonar 8.5 to Sonar X1 a huge challenge as so much had changed, but the keyboard shortcuts at least were largely the the same. The ones that did change did confuse me though!

Having gone through the various Cakewalk/SONAR versions, the categories and mapping seem logical enough to me, but I  can appreciate it may seem odd to a new user.

Well yes I can see your point. But for those of us wanting to create our own there are difficulties.  I have used sonar since 2008 ish apart from a brief skirmish with Cubase.  A re-designed shortcut user interface should be possible while maintaining an existing defaults option.