Help, The DX Version Of Sonitus' Compressor Works But The VST Version Is All Static.

samson7842

Whenever I try to use the VST version of Sonitus' Compressor, I only hear static. It's like I'm trying to use the plugin outside of Cakewalk in another DAW.  Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed some info from the  last update? Does Cakewalk not support it's use anymore?

BTW, the DX version works as expected.

The only VST versions of Sonitus plug-ins were 32bit and never bundled with any Cakewalk DAW. They were available as a separate purchase and Cakewalk stopped selling the suite that include the 32bit VST format years ago.

The 64bit DX Sonitus Suite is bundled with CbB

1 hour ago, scook said:

The only VST versions of Sonitus plug-ins were 32bit and never bundled with any Cakewalk DAW. They were available as a separate purchase and Cakewalk stopped selling the suite that include the 32bit VST format years ago.

The 64bit DX Sonitus Suite is bundled with CbB

Yes, but shouldn't the VST version still work in CxB (Cakewalk)?

BTW, I never bought a separate version of the Sonitus plugins.  I've only ever used the versions that came with Sonar, and now CxB (Cakewalk) over the years.

I am guessing this is about a DX-to-VST wrapped plug-in. AFAIK, the compressor does not work with the dxshell wrapper. I doubt BandLab will support dxshell wrapped plug-ins in any DAW. Feel free to contact support@cakewalk.com. There is no reason to use the wrapped plug-ins in CbB or any other DX host. Forget about using Sonitus compressor in anything other than a DX host.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

I am guessing this is about a DX-to-VST wrapped plug-in. AFAIK, the compressor does not work with the dxshell wrapper. I doubt BandLab will support dxshell wrapped plug-ins in any DAW. Feel free to contact support@cakewalk.com. There is no reason to use the wrapped plug-ins in CbB or any other DX host. Forget about using Sonitus compressor in anything other than a DX host.

To my knowledge, I'm not using a wrapper. Just the vst. Also, the other Sonitus plugs seem to work fine with the exception of one or two others. 

One would think it would be the other way around. The DX versions wouldn't work, but the VST's would work fine.

Anyway, thanks for your input. I'll take it up with support going forward.

Forgive the obvious question, but why not just use the DX version? Cakewalk by BandLab supports DX - seems like the path of least resistance and best results. I don't see Cakewalk abandoning DX support any time soon - it works, and the Sonitus effects are cool.

FWIW the Sonitus plug-ins do work with DX-to-VST wrappers. However, you lose the sidechain functionality , and 32-bit DX plug-ins will not work in a 64-bit environment.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:25 PM, samson7842 said:

BTW, I never bought a separate version of the Sonitus plugins.  I've only ever used the versions that came with Sonar, and now CxB (Cakewalk) over the years.

Well, since Sonitus plugins as VST were never bundled with Sonar/CbB, either what you have are not VST, or you acquired the VST version at some point and just don't remember.

In the early 2000s, I purchased the Sonitus VST bundle from a 3rd party company called Ultrafunk for $300... only to see them acquired by Cakewalk a year later and the FX  freely bundled (in DX format ) with Sonar shortly afterward.  I ended up using the DX version (and removing the VSTs off my system forever).  I still mourn that $300 to this day...