Easy audio appending and cutting

craigb

Ok, I've got some audio that I'd like to cut up and append parts together.  We're talking very crude stuff here (no, not "that" kind of crude S.L.I.P.!😁).  These are mostly spoken hypnosis scripts, so precise wave matching is not necessary.

It's been so long since I've done this type of quick work, that the tools I used back then are very old.  I figured I'd see what some of you have found that works well and is more recent.

If nobody has a recommendation, then I'll go my normal route of researching the so-called "best" tools using Google searches, but I'm guessing that SOMEONE here has needed this ability without having to resort to using Bandlab which would be complete overkill.

TIA! 👍🙂

Relax..............close your eyes.............take a deep breath..............imagine a world where people are kind..............it's a nice world isn't it?.............you're feeling sleepy...........sleepy.................soon I will tell you the answer you seek..................but first, when you wake up remember to give Paulo all your money.......you won't remember being told this or know why, but it's important......................very important...............oh and every time you see the word Bapu you will do a chicken dance whilst making monkey noises for 30 seconds..................Audacity............Audacity.................don't forget the money..........Audacity...............and wake up.

• Thanks 1

*ZZZZZZzzzzz....*  *Must remember to tell Paulo that JonBouy has all my money already...* *Ooo, ooo, eee, eee, aaa, aaa!*  *Flaps arms and then drags knuckles on floor before looking for a banana...* *Finds out that I already have Audacity on my computer and had completely forgotten about it - probably needs a serious update...*  *Must remember to thank Paulo; maybe he'll want a banana too?"

👍🙂