Just upped my "mix in the cans" game

Bapu

I've just bent the headband on my ATH-M50x headphones, on both sides where it connects to the earpieces:-

ATH-M50x_2.JPG.5ba5abb62762fb7bd7305a84408ad98d.JPGATH-M50x_1.JPG.0b14f34eba2dc776dacc23365132eb1c.JPG

I obviously wouldn't recommend anyone try this at home but my headphones are not quite as tightly clamped around me head now. I now need to wear them for a long-ish session, see how they go.

Edited by synkrotron

3 hours ago, synkrotron said:

I've just bent the headband on my ATH-M50x headphones, on both sides where it connects to the earpieces:-

ATH-M50x_2.JPG.5ba5abb62762fb7bd7305a84408ad98d.JPGATH-M50x_1.JPG.0b14f34eba2dc776dacc23365132eb1c.JPG

I obviously would recommend anyone try this at home but my headphones are not quite as tightly clamped around me head now. I now need to wear them for a long-ish session, see how they go.

I believe you meant to say "wouldn't" Andy! 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, synkrotron said:

I now need to wear them for a long-ish session, see how they go

didn't go very well... being uncomfortable after an hour must be a "feature!"

2 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I got my new cans yesterday

How are they sounding, and, more to the point, I think, fitting? Comfy?

17 hours ago, synkrotron said:

How are they sounding, and, more to the point, I think, fitting? Comfy?

They are not quite as comfy as the HD600s but certainly  little more comfy than the ATH-50s. So for mixing they might be a welcome change. The nice thing is the sonarworks unique profile is internet accessible and thus downloadable to my machine. So, in time I can pass these in to whomever and they can either use them as regular cans or as sonarwrks cans with the profile.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, synkrotron said:

I obviously wouldn't recommend anyone try this at home but my headphones are not quite as tightly clamped around me head now. I now need to wear them for a long-ish session, see how they go.

My ATH-M50x were decorating a football for the first week as a welcome initiation. Not sure how the football liked the sound though. Five years later they are about right size now.