Waves Codex disappeared but exists?

Kurre

So...i had a windows (8.1) update and i installed TX16WX.

CbB started and complained about Waves Codex missing in my project. i did the usual things. Rescanned all vst. Show hidden vst. Waves control center still said it was installed and licensed. Did add vst path and rescanned. Checked out all places that have vst folders. Everything looked ok. But no Waves Codex in CbB. 

Now the funny part!

I also have Reaper on the same pc with Waves Codex in a project. It works perfectly.

Someone have a guess at what happened here?

I suddenly lost my stand alone version of Codex, couldn't find it anywhere and finally got in touch with Waves.  They promptly sent me an email telling me to look for it under program files (x86)>Waves where it was under the Plug-ins V9 file.  I never thought to look there because it is a 64 bit VST3 file, therefor, I thought it would be under the program files of my C drive.  I was wrong, but was able to get the stand alone version from there.  Make sure you scan your (x86) files.  

• Thanks 1

I searched waves folder more thorough and found the standalone exe in "applications" folder. I don't have v.9 folders.

I copied the vst-paths in Reaper and found a path that made Codex to a vst2 instrument in CbB.

But...it is and was acknowledged as a vst3 instrument. I'm pretty shure that it's one of those myriads of waveshells that have been compromised.

Now if i only could find out which?  👀

• 2 weeks later...

Cant this be found in the Start Menu?   BTW vst3s are often found in that Common folder.  I'm moving away from collecting Waves plugins since this is only developer where I have any installation issues.    The DAW  where the new ones that don't show up is in Reaper without a total rescan.