RikF

Valse a deux,

Posted (edited)

Hey y’all, I managed to screw up this bandlab/cakewalk forum account thingamajigg malarky, anyway it’s just little ole me with an extra F 😉.  Anyway to see if I can get this bandlab account to work, here’s a bit of valse mussette I played this afternoon over a backing track by Gonzalo Bergara, he is playing the chords to Django’s waltz, I’m playing my own little composition. Here’s the link to the Bandlab project , I hope

https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/open?id=uQvXTM-em0GJCY6aJNv2bw

Rik(F)

Edited by RikF
  • Like 1

Mama Mia! Thats a one spicy guitar riff you gotta going on there😀

But all kidding aside nicely done.

Hey amiller, thanks for listening

Hey joad, grazie mille ;)

Rik

Rik,

You did a nice job with the Django style vibe over the backing track.   Never get tired of hearing your playing and original songs.   Fantastic work.

Regards

Hey Mark, thanks for listening, glad you like it. Django is my biggest inspiration, if im whining about the loss of dexterity in my hands I hear Django saying, I’m still playing and I can use only two fingers ;)

Rik

Rik
I really enjoyed listening to your excellent playing.  I had never heard of Django's injury before. Boy, there's an inspirational story!

Hey Bjorn, thanks for listening, well if you you just listen to Django play you would think he had extra fingers on his left hand. Two fingers is apparently plenty, so I have nothing to moan about ; )

Rik

I have never been able to understand how Django was able to do what he did with such an injury.  Very nice composition, excellent playing, and a nice complement/tribute to Mr. Reinhardt.

Hey Freddy, he was a true force of nature. so glad you like this , thanks so much for listening

Rik