Can't change Project path + Audio path using "save as"

gmp

Question

Since the first CbB version, I've found that the "save as" box doesn't work like it did with every version of Sonar. If I create a new song and later decide I want to change the paths, I hit "save as" and  check - "copy audio with project" and set the new Project path + Audio path. It won't change from the default paths. You can quickly tell by looking at Project/Audio files. Check the names of Project file name and Project audio folder. You'll see that they haven't changed, they are still the defaults.

I do have a custom location for  folder location for project files. Under Preferences my folder location for project files is

E:\CakeProAudDir\sonar

So would someone please test this to verify this bug?

Create a song named TEST and then choose Save As,  For this test change your project file location to E:\CakeProAudDir\sonar and your Audio file path to D:\TEST

For decades when I've created a new song, I've always changed the defaults to my custom project file folder for all song files on my E drive and all audio WAVs are on my D drive. This way I have 1 folder for all songs and can easily open different songs

Please verify this bug

11 answers to this question

The only way that I could 'save as' along with the associated audio files was to first creat new folders for my projects, with a slightly different name (ie: adding '-V2), then choosing 'save as', check 'copy audio files', point to new folder then ok. This has worked. Next I just tidied stray/unused files. Seems I need to create project folders first.

7 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Have a look at my dialog when I use Save As. Any path I want for the audio files.

1367637060_2020-07-2410_50_32-Cakewalk-UntitledProject1_-Track.jpg.08d06e5f4f83f62ba93e9c3ddcffbe3e.jpg

I've been using the same sort of audio path's as you have, using different HD's. Sonar didn't have this problem. Wish they'd fix it.

I have been using Cakewalk since '97.  This has never been an issue for me, but it is now.  I even looked at the AUD.ini file and the path is updated, but the product doesn't seem to recognize the path and just defaults to the audio folder under the project.   This is super annoying.  Please create a fix soon.  

1 hour ago, Nigel Mackay said:

But I am using CbB and I have no problems. Are you (user) maybe not allowed access to the drive?

Check my original top post and try the test I outlined and let us know if it works for you.  I don't think It has anything to do with drive access, since I can set up a new song with those sorts of different HD's in the box. It's only when I want to change this after the song is created.