gmp

Can't change Project path + Audio path using "save as"

Question

Since the first CbB version, I've found that the "save as" box doesn't work like it did with every version of Sonar. If I create a new song and later decide I want to change the paths, I hit "save as" and  check - "copy audio with project" and set the new Project path + Audio path. It won't change from the default paths. You can quickly tell by looking at Project/Audio files. Check the names of Project file name and Project audio folder. You'll see that they haven't changed, they are still the defaults.

I do have a custom location for  folder location for project files. Under Preferences my folder location for project files is

E:\CakeProAudDir\sonar

So would someone please test this to verify this bug?

Create a song named TEST and then choose Save As,  For this test change your project file location to E:\CakeProAudDir\sonar and your Audio file path to D:\TEST

For decades when I've created a new song, I've always changed the defaults to my custom project file folder for all song files on my E drive and all audio WAVs are on my D drive. This way I have 1 folder for all songs and can easily open different songs

Please verify this bug

5 answers to this question

I have the exact same problem, and it's a MAJOR problem. It began with my last Sonar update, and so I downloaded the full Bandlab version of cakewalk, and it still does it. Like the OP, I would also  appreciate hearing from Bandlab on a fix.

Thanks for putting some light back on this issue. I'm not sure if Noel or any of the other main guys are even aware of this. Email support was worthless on this issue 

I too have this problem, excepting in that I can save the .cwp any where I want (save as) - but the audio is saved to another project folder (the last project I finished before installing CbB). Very frustrating.

I too am having the same frustration with the save as not allowing you to place the audio in the project folder. I see no reason this was ever designed to default to a global folder. Looking for a solution.

The only way that I could 'save as' along with the associated audio files was to first creat new folders for my projects, with a slightly different name (ie: adding '-V2), then choosing 'save as', check 'copy audio files', point to new folder then ok. This has worked. Next I just tidied stray/unused files. Seems I need to create project folders first.