Tracktion Retromod synths on sale

Fleer

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Not surprised by that.  Few updates before a paid upgrade goes off my list  

Not that espicially , i do find that each update really comes with great stuff ...i bougth a lot of daws when the Gibson thingy happened , and now i knwo at least witch one i will not be able to master (by choice , not beacuse it's not good , but i really need to master ONE instead of being good at several !!) 

so i'm getting rid of 

Samplitude 3

Traktion waveform 

Maybe Protools 12 (kept it for school)

Cubase 10 pro

Reaper

Keeping 

S1 , and Live mixbuss 

19 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Not surprised by that.  Few updates before a paid upgrade goes off my list  

I have observed that pattern as each (annual) paid upgrade introduces some new features (as well as a few bugs). They issue a few patches before the next paid upgrade, but then they stop maintaining and bug fixing the previous version. So each version remains in a perpetual "unfinished" state, where you will need the next paid upgrade to keep getting fixes. In all fairness, the showstopper issues are generally fixed, but there may be some minor niggles that remain for some folks.

I understand that Tracktion are a small team (only 3 developers), and they seem like very nice, helpful and friendly guys. I like the work that they do! But apparenly they only have the resources to fully support the current version.

I've had a license ever since it came out.   It's just one of those DAWs I just can't get into.   I find the upgrade price puts me out of the "oh what the heck I'll buy it".    Mixcraft Pro is only a $29 upgrade.   I don't even want to admit how many DAWs I have and need to reduce the upgrades.  Maintaining multiple DAWs can be quite expensive.  I was going to dump Studio One but I upgraded for under $70. Presonus is pretty aggressive in their upgrades.

I bitched about my Live Suite upgrade but Live 9 went through seven updates before 10.   I'm done upgrading the Suite because 3rd party equivalents are superior.

Magix is another one with few updates before and upgrade.  It reminds me of earlier versions of Sonar.  They wouldn't fix a previous release and some hoped the new version would fix the previous problems.   I always got suckered into their free 3rd party offers.   Magix is on another planet with loyalty.

The challenge will be how far I stick with Cubase with their .5 updates since I am new to it.   A dongled DAW is quite annoying.  

5 hours ago, Fleer said:

Apparently the first Waveform will be free with Computer Music next month. 

Here's what I don't get.  Music Tech is basically owned by the same company as Bandlab.  Shouldn't a copy of Bandlab and tutorials be on a Music Tech issue?