Re: CBB & Kontakt

TedPiano

Hi All,

Q: Re: CBB & Kontakt

Have put NI 64 Vsts into the Plugin Manager - so far so good - have opened Session Horns which will play if I directly hit the Vst keyboard - but when I try to use my keyboard LPK25 apparently there is no connection - have tried going through the options in the Kontakt track input e.g. none - all - LPK25 etc and still the keyboard seems is getting no response

I've had this working before but am I missing something out

Any advice/tip most welcome

Best

Ed

When you say you have tried going through the options in Kontakt what are you doing in detail? Also in Kontakt have you set the MIDI input port and channel correctly? 

The keyboard needs to be using the same channel.  Channel = 1 to 16.  In Kontakt there are channel banks i.e. a, b. c, d, and so on. Be sure its on a. 

Start up Kontakt in standalone mode and see if it recognizes MIDI input the LPK25. If it does, then you probably just need to enable the keyboard in Cakewalk.

If it doesn't, then verify that the keyboard is set to channel 1, and that the Kontakt instrument is also on channel 1. Both should be by default. If the channel is OK, then Windows isn't seeing the device. Try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in.