Feature request

sarmad

Hello everyone. 

Cakewalk is a woderful Daw and I am using it for 18 years. I even have the v700 console.  I believe it can be at the top of every professional composer and sound engineer list. But it has to impliment some features which is needed by professinals

These are some of my needs as a professional. 

1. adding the Connect/disconnect synth botton at the very top row of each instrument track

2. ability to add sub folder to the track folder. 

3. ability to resort synth track manually or by syncing to track order

4. search fuction for tracks and synths which are already loaded

5.better external fx plugin

6. adding chord track

7. better notation handling. 

8. woking with all major control surfaces available regarding this fact that VS700 as about to die. 

9.being more  stable  while working with lots of soft synths in huge MIDI projects. 

10. ability to write simple script for controlling and managing tracks and other stuff in crowded projects. 

11. improving GUI look ( not that important). 

12.Bug fixing, bug fixing and again bug fixing. 

best wishes for all of you who keep this nice software alive. 

• Great Idea 1

Greetings Sarmad and welcome to the forum!

You've created an interesting list.  I'm just a beginner at audio production, working with midi  and using Cakewalk by BandLab so I hope you don't mind if I ask you to expand upon your suggestions so I can better understand them.  Your expanded explanations may help me to better understand how your suggestions will benefit me!

On 8/9/2019 at 4:24 PM, sarmad said:

4. search function for tracks and synths which are already loaded 

Why would you need to search for loaded tracks or synths?

5. better external fx plugin

What kind of external fx plugin do you mean?  Can you provide  examples?

7. better notation handling.

Examples.  What can Cakewalk by BandLab change so it better handles notation?   Do you expect or desire Cakewalk by Bandlab to handle notation as well as a standalone notation program?  What notation feature(s) would you consider one or more giant step(s)  forward for Cakewalk by Bandlab?

9. being more  stable  while working with lots of soft synths in huge MIDI projects. 

Are you providing the Cakewalk by BandLab developers with bug or crash reports when you have instability working with lots of synths in huge midi projects?  If so, thank you.

12.Bug fixing, bug fixing and again bug fixing. 

I think everyone including the developers agree with you.  Have you seen that the August 2019 update has more than 120 bug fixes!

18 hours ago, fogle622 said:

Greetings Sarmad and welcome to the forum!

You've created an interesting list.  I'm just a beginner at audio production, working with midi  and using Cakewalk by BandLab so I hope you don't mind if I ask you to expand upon your suggestions so I can better understand them.  Your expanded explanations may help me to better understand how your suggestions will benefit me!

Why would you need to search for loaded tracks or synths?

What kind of external fx plugin do you mean?  Can you provide  examples?

Examples.  What can Cakewalk by BandLab change so it better handles notation?   Do you expect or desire Cakewalk by Bandlab to handle notation as well as a standalone notation program?  What notation feature(s) would you consider one or more giant step(s)  forward for Cakewalk by Bandlab?

Are you providing the Cakewalk by BandLab developers with bug or crash reports when you have instability working with lots of synths in huge midi projects?  If so, thank you.

I think everyone including the developers agree with you.  Have you seen that the August 2019 update has more than 120 bug fixes!

Thanks for your attention. 

In mega project template where you have load hundreds of track and soft synths search function will be handy. 

Extenal fx plugin is a plugin which routs audio to outside of cakewalk and then return it back to cakewalk via in/out of your audio hardware. it is specifically used for usin external hardware effect as a vst. I meant this plug needs improvement. 

Regarding notation I need more real world like fonts and note shapes  and better general handling of notation.  better zoomin.  pedal sign improvements and so on..... 

Yes I am sure the recent version is far more stable than any release before. I just simply meant professionals need stability and in order to make cakewalk greater than before  bug fixing should be continued. 

• 7 months later...

Hi!

I've been using Cakewalk for many years now. However I'm currently more and more attracted to the new methods offered by Chord Tracks and Arrangement Tracks in other DAWs.

Would it be possible to implement such functionalities in Cakewalk by BandLab?

Edited by Orok