I finally killed Magix desktop advertising

Mitch_I

I mactually reading the roland cloud thread at gearsluts , and boy wait to see what the cloud does once monitored ...

Man This things comes from the NSA

On 1/1/2024 at 10:02 AM, Zo said:

Keep it , it's like asio for all , it can be handy in case one day you need it , i found over the years that it's not introducing any trouble , just a line on audio devices ...but i used it onces doing some editing in standalone apps , and it's wayyyyyyy better than windows drivers .....

But is still just a wrapper for Windows drivers anyway.

Personally I would ditch it and use the native ASIO drivers that come with my audio interface.

On 12/29/2023 at 12:49 PM, David Baay said:

I'll have to look into that because I've "disabled" the Connect service several times in different ways, and it always seems to "revive" itself at some point.

For me it seems to get re-enabled whenever a new Vegas Pro Humble Bundle comes out I install the latest version of the program(s). Then I have to go through and find the option deep in preferences and uncheck it. Yet again.

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

For me it seems to get re-enabled whenever a new Vegas Pro Humble Bundle comes out I install the latest version of the program(s).

That wouldn't surprise me, but for me the last time was just the the second time I re-booted after disabling it. I only got one clean start-up without it.