Listening to this now

Mesh

Hundreds, perhaps thousands of Robins are on their way back up north and are darting all around the area, chirping and squawking as they forage for insects, berries and anything else edible. So I have the windows open to enjoy the chorus. It only lasts a couple of days before they move on. They are early this year, they usually arrive in early February.

The Music From Peter Gunn - Henry Mancini

The title song is early Rock n Roll but the rest is some of the finest cool school jazz ever recorded. The music was much better than the TV show was IMO.

I had this LP as a child, and it's good to visit an old friend every now and then.

Edited by Notes_Norton

On 1/28/2020 at 3:09 PM, craigb said:

I've been listening to the entire Rush discography (the 19 studio albums) for the last week.  The second run through is almost done...  I might go for a third pass.

I watched a Rush Documentary a few days ago (DVD rented from Netflix). I've always liked the band and though they were under-appreciated.

I was at a local record shop looking through their Fusion LP's when I came upon a mint condition of Return to Forever's Hymn of the 7th Galaxy

The last song on the B side was Captain Senor Mouse 

Here's a 3 piece version of the tune with Stanley Clarke and Lenny White 

• Like 2

Once my current run through all the Rush studio albums finishes (probably later tonight), I think I need a Blues day or two (followed by, in no particular order, a Cure day, a Pixies day, a Bauhaus day and a Return To Forever day...). 🙂