Listening to this now

Mesh

On 1/31/2020 at 4:59 AM, Wibbles said:

This has got to be one of the best recordings (subject to YouTube's limitations) of Joy Division live that exists:

Enjoying this today. 🙂

I find it interesting that Ian really isn't that great of a singer, yet he seems to be exactly what was needed.  I think he gives the rest of us who can't sing hope.

(I'll ignore the joke that, after he died, they discovered he was well hung... 😁)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, craigb said:

I find it interesting that Ian really isn't that great of a singer, yet he seems to be exactly what was needed.

The best singers aren't always the best of singers. And there's millions of people who can sing but have nothing to sing about.

15 hours ago, craigb said:

(I'll ignore the joke that, after he died, they discovered he was well hung... 😁)

The grammar pedants will thank you. ;)

11 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

A lot of their lyrics are corny by today's standards, but their harmony singing was top-notch by any standard.

I prefer to think of them as charming rather than corny. But yeah, those harmonies ... You always get the best harmonies from siblings/close relations.

• Like 1

We just learned "Fun Fun Fun" for a regular audience member. We play once a week on a deck at a marina on a lagoon across from a state park. The location brings out a lot of beach, tropical, and other "summer songs" from the snowbirds who are vacationing down here. And they are fun to play.

The song is Fun Fun Fun but with the two of us, we don't have all the harmonies so I put some of the parts on the synthesizer and included it in my backing track (I make my own backing tracks for my duo)

"Fun Fun Fun" - The Beach Boys

Edited by Notes_Norton

More Eva Cassidy

Autumn Leaves  (nice guitar work and vocals)

Ain't No Sunshine (a nice take on the Bill Withers song)

She died of cancer when she was 33 years old, but left a lot for us to enjoy. Too bad she was taken so soon, as there wold have surely been a lot more great music for the world.

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1