Listening to this now

Mesh

10 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

I think I may have arrived in the wrong universe. Either that or somebody is playing a cruel trick on me.

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar,
You're gonna go far,
You're gonna fly high,
You're never gonna die,

3 hours ago, Wibbles said:

I think I may have arrived in the wrong universe. Either that or somebody is playing a cruel trick on me.

Well, that would explain a lot!

😆

("I woke up from what seemed like a long nightmare and found I was decked out in a Liverpool kit... It was then I realized that I must have died and this wasn't Heaven..." 😂)

Emil Mangelsdorff Quartet feat. Joe Gallardo, Wilson de Oliveira & Manfred Schoof

Emil Mangelsdorff (11. April 1925) , imo one of the most underrated sax player , 

His brother, Albert, is welknown in Germany.

Emil Mangelsdorff has been rated as the best sax player  in the Guitar player polls  from the end of

the 70th and  the beginning of the 80th, Michael Brecker as Nr. 2.

A sensation for a german sax player which not many people ( in germany) know.

I´m looking for some videos from his performances during that time (end of 70th and beginning of v the 80th)

in the US. which seems to be  hard to find,

anybody ?

Edited by Pragi
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Pragi said:

<...snip...>

Emil Mangelsdorff (11. April 1925) , imo one the most underrated sax player , <...snip...>

Thanks for that. This sax player has never heard of Emil before, and will definitely listen to more.

On the subject of "Stolen Moments" IMO Mark Murphy is one under-rated singer and this cut features The Muse All-Stars with the great Richie Cole on alto sax.

Stolen Moments - Mark Murphy

Edited by Notes_Norton

20 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Thanks for that. This sax player has never heard of Emil before, and will definitely listen to more.

On the subject of "Stolen Moments" IMO Mark Murphy is one under-rated singer and this cut features The Muse All-Stars with the great Richie Cole on alto sax.

Stolen Moments -   

Thanks for the tipp, Notes.

I like the sound of the music (specially sax and vocs)

above a lot ,never heard of  Mark Murphy before .

Good to get new music inspiration through this forum.

7 hours ago, Pragi said:

Good to get new music inspiration through this forum.

It IS!  Even if it's cost me a lot of my all-too-small at the moment available cash for fun purchases.  Hey, bought music lasts a lot longer than a beer or two anyway. 😉