Listening to this now

Mesh

Followed Reinhardt Buhr's Bandcamp link and saw he had a 70% off discount if you got all 12 of his albums which turned out to be less than a package of Elixirs (and came with two additional single releases) so I actually gave him a bit more.  For the cost of about four (good) beers at the pub I now have a lot more music to listen to while I work! 👍🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Wow, that Sagmeister Trio are a fantastic bunch of musicians....enjoyed that very much!!

On a completely different note, listening to this now ;)

Thanks for posting this.

That´s the rock sound I  like , didn´t know this band before.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Not a new band, just new to me. I got tipped off to this guy by Rick Beato in a video about odd time signatures. It's become my new favorite falling-to-sleep album.

Dave, I guess that means I shouldn't listen to it here at work......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Heh, Mesh posted another very talented guy over at Beyond My DAW and you could get his entire discography (12 albums plus two singles) for only $22.20 minimum.  I liked what I had heard so I figured, for the price of four micro brews, why not?  (I actually gave him $28 - $2 per release.)

There's some really good music out there that's underpriced IMO!

I'll probably end up with Halcyon too, going to listen to it now and see.  I have a music addiction you know.  😉

10 hours ago, craigb said:

Heh, Mesh posted another very talented guy over at Beyond My DAW and you could get his entire discography (12 albums plus two singles) for only $22.20 minimum.  I liked what I had heard so I figured, for the price of four micro brews, why not?  (I actually gave him $28 - $2 per release.)

There's some really good music out there that's underpriced IMO!

I'll probably end up with Halcyon too, going to listen to it now and see.  I have a music addiction you know.  😉

Not sure what happened, but I can't access BMD from my workplace....I posted the error message in the FSF here. Can you post the link to that guy?

Listening to this now:

• Like 1

That didn't just put a smile on my face, I literally laughed out loud.

Just because it's mind-blowingly technical doesn't mean it can't also be fun. Somebody should convey that idea to all those grim-faced metal guys who think you won't take them seriously unless they look like they're suffering.

31 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

grim-faced metal guys

Hey maybe we should tell them they look constipated 😆

I remember quite a few years ago we were playing for church and an elderly lady came up afterwards and didn't like that we were having fun, smiling, playing to the lord.
We weren't being serious enough in her eyes I guess.   We debated if we should but on pouting facing for the next time we played.

6 hours ago, Mesh said:

Not sure what happened, but I can't access BMD from my workplace....I posted the error message in the FSF here. Can you post the link to that guy?

Listening to this now:

I've been subscribed to Pomplamoose for quite a few years now (ever since I saw them in a Christmas commercial).  I think I also get Nataly's solo stuff too...

In my mind, Guthrie is exactly how someone who just loves music should be.  He practically was born with a guitar in his hands and it's almost like an extension of his body.  There's a video (which I'll find when I get the time) that has him playing "in the style of" a bunch of other guitarists and he flat out nails all of the tone and feel.

As for Marco?  What can you say, he's just a big kid playing drums!  His audition to replace Portnoy in Dream Theater was awesome.