Listening to this now

Mesh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feel Like Breaking Up Somebody's Home – Etta James

The rhythm section is super-tight. The drummer set a groove, with the 2s and 4s way behind the beat. Etta could have talked this song and it would have sounded good. But she was on top of her game when she recorded it. Nice job.

• Like 2

We're learning this song for a regular customer who keeps asking for some Metallica. Mrs. Notes will sing it, and I'll substitute a sax solo for the guitar solo.

I've never paid that much attention to Miley Cyrus as a singer, but she nails it on this show. I now have a different opinion of her skills.

• Like 1

Just got done listening and watching my friend play one of his live sets.  He's been playing on Second Life (something I had never heard of!) for quite a while and just started live streaming to YouTube as well.  He rents one of the rooms upstairs from my classically trained pipe organist friend who I've linked to here before.  He's got a few albums out that are pretty dang nice!  His biggest current project is a psychedelic movie that I've had the pleasure of seeing a pre-release of a couple of times (it's still being polished).

Check him out and let me know what you think! 😎

• Like 1