Listening to this now

Mesh

On 8/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, Kurre said:

Emma Swift and backup was the only Dylan song performance that touched me.

check out her lp, blonde on the tracks, it's an album of dylan covers, and her "backup" is robyn hitchcock :) here's a lockdown version

• Like 3

She has a good voice.

He is good with the guitar. Doublechecking his soloperformence gives that he loses a bit of focus when he's singing at the same time.

That acoustic show is good but not sticking out in any way. Unfortunately it reveals how repetitive her voice expressions is.

I love to watch YT videos from the Voice. There's hundred thousends of people having extremely good voices. Only very few will be remembered. 😢

But all that matter of course is that we enjoy the music whether we listen or play. 🥰

Thanks for the link to the Dylan Birthday video.  All sorts of styles--some artists who paid tribute by emulating different aspects of Dylan's performance, some artists who re-made the songs in their own performance styles, and various combinations of the two.

Until I saw his contribution to the birthday event / fundraiser, I totally forgot about Bill Frisell. Not everyone likes jazz, but if you do, you might like this:

• Like 2

So, three kids thrown together for a song...and suddenly it works so good that it rivals the original. (Evanescence.)

It's that moment most musicians long for when it all "fits". Also thumbs up for the studio musicians on this.

Duy, Solomia, Sophie sing - "Bring Me To Life" /Battle/ The Voice Kids of Germany.

• Like 1

I'm just sitting here pondering how similar Icon of Coil and Assemblage 23 sound!  A few samples below, and not the best to compare with either!  (I just don't have the time to dig through both - I'd rather just play them loudly! 😁 )

• Like 2