Listening to this now

Mesh

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Pérez Prado: Mambo Potpourri / Radio Radio • Antonio Delgado • New Brunswick Youth Orchestra

My "Song Assassination Game" submission showed this in the sidebar, and I'm enjoying it.

That is great!

• Like 1

Going back to basics here  ..... click next for next songs .... and see how everything after got inspired some way from this guy 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Straight, No Chaser - Thelonious Monk

I like the way Monk plays with dissonances.

Crazy is that i don't really feel dissonances , more like its own dynamic tuning , brilliant !!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

sleaford mods

Thanks to their sweary rants about modern England, Nottingham duo Sleaford Mods have been called »the voice of Britain« by their fans, »Britain’s angriest band« by the Guardian and »The world’s greatest rock ‘n’ roll band« by Iggy Pop. Jason Williamson, a former chicken factory worker and father of two, his bandmate, beatmaker Andrew Fearn, and their manager Steve Underwood, avant-garde bedroom label owner and former bus driver, have won over fans with their brutally honest lyrics and DIY ethos. Following them on their two-year journey from bedroom recording sessions and the making of Sleaford Mods’ Top-10-album »Key Markets « to mainstream success, the film tells the story of three guys taking on the music business on their own terms.

One nice thing about doing fake disks for Band-in-a-Box is making discoveries. Mrs. Notes and I are doing a Jazz Book, and we were looking for diffrent ways people have done "Puttin' On The Ritz" and came across this gem by Gunhild Carling. One of the most energetic female trombonist/singers I've ever seen.