Listening to this now

Mesh

@Pragi Jeff Beck and Wes are absolutely awesome guitarists. I watched the video of Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scott's and my jaw dropped.

Being a saxophonist who was lucky enough to play with a number of very great guitarists, I'm not awestruck very easily. I consider Jeff the most technically competent rock/pop guitarist going. The camera people must have played guitar in that video, because they knew where to focus when Jeff was doing superhuman things.

Wes has always been a favorite too.

I'm OK on the guitar, but it is my 7th instrument, so I'll never be in the same class as the greats. That's OK, as I progress I keep getting better at it, and that pleases me.

Jeff @ Ronnie's

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

Not only does that live video truly showcase what Beck is capable of, it was pretty much the moment that everyone was introduced to the talent that is Tal!  When she goes into the zone during the show, you can see Beck smiling in that "the girl HAS it!" type of look.  Good stuff!

20 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

j.B. are @Pragi Jeff Beck and Wes are absolutely awesome guitarists. I watched the video of Jeff Beck live at Ronnie Scott's and my jaw dropped.

Being a saxophonist who was lucky enough to play with a number of very great guitarists, I'm not awestruck very easily. I consider Jeff the most technically competent rock/pop guitarist going. The camera people must have played guitar in that video, because they knew where to focus when Jeff was doing superhuman things.

Wes has always been a favorite too.

I'm OK on the guitar, but it is my 7th instrument, so I'll never be in the same class as the greats. That's OK, as I progress I keep getting better at it, and that pleases me.

Jeff @ Ronnie's

@Notes_Norton

I have to agree, the technical skills of J.B. playing Fusion aso  are awesome, but ,except  the last 10 - 15 years, he imo has had  a   cold style of playing.

The last 10- 15 years are imo the best of his career, he is playing with more "feel" which is more astonishing considering his "level".(born 1944.)

The sound of Wes playing all the stings/ Notes 😅 with the thumb I have never heard again.

UPP feat. JEFF BECK - Down In The Dirt (1974 UK TV Performance) ~ HIGH QUALITY HQ 

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...