Listening to this now

Mesh

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

Chicago - It Better End Soon

IMO when Terry Kath died, the group went downhill fast. Of course, others will disagree.

If I recall correctly, only the albums Chicago 782 thru 801 were created after he passed, right? 😁

Capriccio Italien - Pyotr Tchaikovsky - Igor Manasherov, Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra

I love this piece of music. The simple one note "ta ka ta ta" theme finds its way all over this piece of music in different speeds, octaves and instruments. And in the middle there is the part that the Moody Blues quoted in "Days of Future Passed". I haven't heard this version, each conductor puts his/her own stamp on it. I have one at home by Antal Dorati that I can't find on UTube, and since I'm not familiar with this conductor, I'll give it a go.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:53 AM, pwalpwal said:

sleaford mods are great

And starting to show up on the radar in the US. From an NPR post on "The Post-Brexit New Wave" 

"But there is something happening in the United Kingdom and Ireland, a cohort of very good bands who meet this vague, wordy description — Squid, Dry Cleaning, Shame, Courting, Sleaford Mods, Yard Act, The Cool Greenhouse, Home Counties, Billy Nomates, Legss, Fontaines D.C., Working Men's Club and Black Country, New Road among them. ... Today, the wave of like-minded new bands from this part of the world is approaching something like critical mass, and its leading lights have begun releasing some of the most exciting debut albums and EPs so far this year. Whatever is happening, it's hard to ignore."

Something good just had to come out of the pandemic/Brexit mess of 2020. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 11:52 PM, jackson white said:

And starting to show up on the radar in the US. From an NPR post on "The Post-Brexit New Wave" 

"But there is something happening in the United Kingdom and Ireland, a cohort of very good bands who meet this vague, wordy description — Squid, Dry Cleaning, Shame, Courting, Sleaford Mods, Yard Act, The Cool Greenhouse, Home Counties, Billy Nomates, Legss, Fontaines D.C., Working Men's Club and Black Country, New Road among them. ... Today, the wave of like-minded new bands from this part of the world is approaching something like critical mass, and its leading lights have begun releasing some of the most exciting debut albums and EPs so far this year. Whatever is happening, it's hard to ignore."

Something good just had to come out of the pandemic/Brexit mess of 2020. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Another fine bassist and pianist (the drummer ain't bad either)

@Notes_Norton

I like the "tone" of the musicians in this session a lot.

There is a huge tone  difference   in playing bass and guitar with the (right hand) fingers

like Wes Montgomerey / Jeff Beck aso and the contrabass player in the vids above.

I don´t practice playing without using picks much and will change that again.

Edited by Pragi