Listening to this now

Mesh

On 11/2/2020 at 11:42 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Goodbye Porkpie Hat - Mark Murphy

A Charles Mingus song dedicated to tenor saxophonist Lester Young with words added by Joni Mitchell and IMO Improved by vocalist Mark Murphy with alto saxophonist Richie Cole and the Muse All-Stars backing him up.

`Thank you ,Notes ,that´s a good hind . 

I loved the books like The Dharma Bums (  Kerouac) during my first longer journey.

His ideas of life had shown me a complete new way to go, but I prefered to life  it not as extreme as Kerouac has written about.

Years later I met a guy who told me the dramatic and sad story of Kerouacs last year and  dead.

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pragi said:

`Thank you ,Notes ,that´s a good hind . 

I loved the books like The Dharma Bums (  Kerouac) during my first longer journey.

His ideas of life had shown me a complete new way to go, but I prefered to life  it not as extreme as Kerouac has written about.

Years later I met a guy who told me the dramatic and sad story of Kerouacs last year and  dead.

You might like the entire album. IMO there isn't a bad song on it.

He does a reading by Kerouac from in this Charlie Parker classic. I believe the words to the song itself are by King Pleasure, and I think the Kerouac reading is from "On The Road"

Parker's Mood - Mark Murphy & The Muse All-Stars with Richie Cole on alto sax (Richie is one of my favorite bop alto players).

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1