Listening to this now

Mesh

8 minutes ago, craigb said:

Is he the new Boston?  (I.e., "No synthesizers used!")

That first track certainly was enjoyable!  I'll have to check out his others.

it's quite different than his usual stuff, but still recognisably him

Piotr Tchaikovsky: Capriccio Italien - Antal Doráti / Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra

It's a great piece of music IMO.

The varied ways Tchaikovsky put  the "da da da da" (later "ta ka ta ta" when the trumpets get it) monotone theme in the rhythm and countermelody parts is very creative. The more you listen, the more you find it hiding.

And in the middle is a part the Moody Blues copped pretty closely for "Question"

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

Leilani turned me on to this. Lara Fabian puts every bit of soul and passion into this tune. I don't mind that it's French, I listened to it twice, first without the subtitles, I didn't need them to hear the music, the artistry and the passion. Second time I read the English subtitles to find out what she was singing about.

Highly recommended by me...

Je suis malade - Lara Fabian

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 2

Wibbles yes, a cheery little number. Even though it's not the blues genre by any stretch of the imagination, it's the blues spirit.

Two great posts Pragi

One good Dr John deserves a full album - my favorite Dr John album (although I haven't heard but a few of them). IMO there isn't a bad cut on it, in fact, there isn't even a mediocre cut on it, they range from very good to great.

Dr. John's Gumbo (full album)

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

Europa - Santana & Gato Barbieri

I used to play Gato's version of Europa on sax, I don't play guitar well enough to do Santana's version (yet), and since it is Carlos' song I might be interesting to hear them do it together.

I'm clicking play along with you, they are both great musicians, let's see if the click together

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1