Listening to this now

Mesh

One of the pre-orders that arrived while I was somewhat preoccupied working on my own stuff was Magenta's (the Welsh one) "Masters of Illusion". A prog concept album about vintage horror film actors seems unlikely but now i have played it a few times I am really liking it.

47 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Danse Macabre - Camille Saint-Saëns

Saint-Saëns* always reminds me of music lessons at school. I remember spending hours staring out the window wishing I was somewhere else whilst Carnival of the Animals was playing in the background.

Music lessons were compulsory for the first three years of secondary school no matter what your musical ability, of which I possess none. I wasn't even allowed near a triangle for fear of causing explosions.

* For those of you in the UK who watch University Challenge, if the question is: "Which French composer ....?", then 75% of the time the answer is Saint-Saëns. If not, then it's probably Debussy.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

One of the pre-orders that arrived while I was somewhat preoccupied working on my own stuff was Magenta's (the Welsh one) "Masters of Illusion". A prog concept album about vintage horror film actors seems unlikely but now i have played it a few times I am really liking it.

I got the notice about this, but forgot about it until now (I'll put it on the "to get" list after I get paid - got a couple there already).

I've got albums from three different Magenta's:  English (as I call them - a bit more folksy), Welsh (prog - like 'em!) and Norwegian (which is one of my guilty pleasures - My favorite album from them - Art and Accidents).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

I saw Pavement play at Glastonbury many years ago at my friends' insistence. We left after about 10 minutes. It wasn't that they weren't very good (they weren't). But they were just so boring.