Listening to this now

Mesh

On 5/31/2020 at 3:54 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Another "sound alike" band, this one fooled a lot of people into thinking it was The Beatles.

"Lies" - The Knickerbockers

It's as if Susan Boyle tried to be a Kylie sound-alike.

tenor.gif?itemid=5611151

acf32c45ac43a888ab94c70959f1df93.gif

Edited by Wibbles
Disappearing gif - probably in the interests of taste.

On 6/1/2020 at 1:12 AM, Wibbles said:

Interesting. On first listen, I'm not sure whether I like it or whether it makes me want to punch kittens.

To me it´s often very suprising how music can affect the emotion of human beings.

Gabrielle Roth was an American dancer and musician in the world music and trance dance and

got known for her music creation 

for the 5 rhythm - an esoteric  dance therapy.

I never heart about a live gig of her or her band , but imo the drum rhythms and the vocs are really well done,

Edited by Pragi

I play pop music for a living and I like it (old and new top40 - but mostly older). I like it because playing pop pays much, much better than playing anything else around here, but I also really enjoy the music. I like all kinds of music, but not every piece in any particular genre.

Leilani and I are compiling a fake e-disk for Band-in-a-Box to complement an off-the-shelf fake book by a major publisher.  We came across this gem and it reminded me of when I was in a band that was the opening act for this group while this song was number one on Billboard (that was a looooooooong time ago).

The song construction is nice, the words are good for a love song but the harmonies ***** away. There are places where one person is singing more or less a monotone, someone else is singing a descending line and another is singing an ascending line and when that should be more than enough, another one or two are singing counter-melody lines.

Then the backing band, which I am guessing is the Wrecking Crew as the guys said the did it in California with some session band, does an incredible job of supporting without getting in the way. Even the sparse use of melodic percussion (bells & chimes) for ear candy are sparse, and just in the right places.

Casually listening to the song it's a very good soft-rock song. Intensely listening and analyzing the song and it becomes a soft-rock masterpiece.

The guys in the band were all nice guys, we got along well with them. It was a good time.

Listening to this song is live visiting an old friend.

Cherish - The Association

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 2