Listening to this now

Mesh

Thanks for the translation.

I actually own this CD. They released a second one, but it doesn't have the same magic.

There is a lot of great Cape Verde Islands music.

Here is another Cape Verde song I like from a very good CD find I also own.

"Africa Mamae" -  Jovino Dos Santos

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

Bei Mir Bist Du Schön - The Andrews Sisters.

When I was a tot and my mom played this record, I thought they were singing "My Dear Mister Shane."

Their songs are definitely dated, but the Andrews Sisters were phenomenally good at what they did. Their consonants are pronounced so exactly together that it sounds like one singer with multiple voices. Even their vibratos are often in sync. Harmonies are good and intonation is excellent. Plus there is a lot of playful expression. I think these gals are the all-time best of that genre of music.

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

John Norum – Guitars, lead and backing vocals

Glenn Hughes – Lead vocals

Peter Baltes – Bass

Henrik Hildén – Drums

Joey Tempest - Vocals on "We Will Be Strong"

Billy White - Rhythm guitar on "Time Will Find the Answer"

Mikkey Dee - Drums on "Distant Voices"

John Schreiner - Keyboards

Andy Lorber - Additional backing vocals

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pragi said:

The rythm of this song (a salsa) does sound for me  like   the Simentera songs / the cape verde rythms.

Willie Colón - GITANA

I love Colón's music.  He was won of the Fania All-Stars at one time and so was Celia Cruz. Although there were Puerto Rican and Cuban musicians on the roster, the music became known as Nuyorican (New York-Rican).

IMO it's not her best, but it's her most famous song...

"Quimbara" - Celia Cruz

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

The biggest disappointment with this video is that it doesn't show him playing!

Right, but I haven´t found a video playing him this song live.

Wonna see playing  Tal Wilkenfeld live ?

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

She looks too cute and young to be able to play bass that well. Quite a talented lady!

Check her out with Jeff Beck,  Live at Ronnie Scotts (I think Wibbles posted a video from that).  Sometimes she gets so in the zone that Jeff can't help but just watch and smile. 🙂

9 hours ago, Pragi said:

Right, but I haven´t found a video playing him this song live.

Wonna see playing  Tal Wilkenfeld live ?

I knew she had begun opening for the Who with some solo work, but this is the first time I've seen (or heard) her singing her own stuff.  Me likey! 🙂

On 4/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Bei Mir Bist Du Schön - The Andrews Sisters.

When I was a tot and my mom played this record, I thought they were singing "My Dear Mister Shane."

Their songs are definitely dated, but the Andrews Sisters were phenomenally good at what they did. Their consonants are pronounced so exactly together that it sounds like one singer with multiple voices. Even their vibratos are often in sync. Harmonies are good and intonation is excellent. Plus there is a lot of playful expression. I think these gals are the all-time best of that genre of music.

Good stuff. Anyone who enjoys this kind of close harmony singing should do themselves a favor and check out the Boswell Sisters, if you haven't already heard them. They got that swing!

Edited by henkejs
  • Like 1