Listening to this now

Mesh

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

Symphony #9, From The New World - Antonín Dvořák - Cleveland Orchestra - George Szell conducting

The greatest piece of music ever written on American soil.

Is it played on one of these???

image.png.cbb377736d17ba04df4ac334934f1ea5.png

• Haha 1

August Dvorak who partnered with William Dealey to make that keyboard was a distant relative to Antonin who composed that symphony. The keyboard was designed to type faster than the QWERTY arrangement, but not enough people wanted to learn the new system to make it successful.

In keeping with the theme:

Symphony #7 - Antonín Dvořák - Cleveland Orchestra conducted by George Szell

Another nice symphony by Antonin

Edited by Notes_Norton

Spain (I Can Recall) - Al Jarreau

Al Jarreau's classic version of Chick Corea's already classic Spain. Corea wrote it as an instrumental with an intro based on the second movement of Joaquín Rodrigo's guitar concerto Concierto de Aranjuez.

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1

Raiz - Simentera

Very different music from the Cape Verde Islands.

I can't understand a word of it, since it's in an Afro-Portuguese language, but I love the vocals, the vocal arrangement especially near the end, the very nice acoustic guitar work, and even the dissonant sax chords. I can't get enough of this one.

Edited by Notes_Norton

9 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Raiz - Simentera

Very different music from the Cape Verde Islands.

I can't understand a word of it, since it's in an Afro-Portuguese language, but I love the vocals, the vocal arrangement especially near the end, the very nice acoustic guitar work, and even the dissonant sax chords. I can't get enough of this one.

Very lovely music, thanks for this one,Notes .

The lyrics translated via google translation from

1. kapverdic kreol to portuguese and  

2..portuguese to english :

Hunger of 1947 Eh, eh, eh, eh   It was in 1959 1 The rain didn't fall I was discouraged with my life I tried to sign for São Tomé 2   I went to Praia de Santa Maria 3 To the office of Fernando Sousa I gave the name, they wrote it on paper They gave me the number 37.   Eh, eh, eh, eh   I rocked and went to the market I spoke with Bibi de Riqueta And I exposed my problem to you She helped me to starve myself.   Eh, eh, eh, eh   Four days and four nights At four in the morning I saw the boat "Ana Mafalda" I saw the light illuminate the bay 4   "Ana Mafalda" that has already come To take people to São Tomé and Príncipe I laid my eyes on the floor Not knowing what to think   Oh naná, oh naná, eh, eh, eh   I gathered my things Put them in a bag I caught the boat on board Where they got me like a bag   How many days without sustenance How many days without fast break How many days without starving There I went in the hold of the ship   Oh naná, oh naná, eh, eh, eh

• Like 1