Is the UK this messed up???

craigb

In the U.S. there are actually dB level ordinaces. You can get a knock on the door from the police, and a ticket if a neighbor complains and you don't comply with police request to turn it down, but what's happening in the U.K. is over the top.

In NJ it's 65 dB from 7am to 10pm and 50db 10pm to 7am. I would guess it varies state to state.

This is tragic and yet sadly believable. They build the walls of these new build properties out of tissue and dope and wonder why you can hear a gnat fart next door.

I can both relate and confirm, the entire country is FUBAR.

#LedByDonkeys

For ease of reference, you can sign the petition here: https://chng.it/VJ5MQFHkbp

Edited by AndyB01
  • Like 1

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I suspect that she isn't quite telling the whole story. 

That said, sometimes neighbours can be incredibly selfish and seemingly oblivious of the impact of their actions on others.

I used to live in a place with attached neighbours and they were forever banging on the walls and screaming in the middle of the night.

If it hadn't been for the fact that it was at the time when I liked to do my drum practice, which largely drowned them out, I honesty think they would have driven me crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

In NJ it's 65 dB from 7am to 10pm and 50db 10pm to 7am. I would guess it varies state to state.

Damn, I am in the boonies here in MD, so had to look this up. New ordinance (2021) stipulates if "'household noise' can be heard by another residential property more than 50' from source" between 10PM and 6AM. No dB spec and is up to law enforcement to interpret.

The funny part is no restriction outside those hours... so if someone complains about me grunting while taking a dump at midnight, I can PROMPTLY wake them up at 6:01AM  :)

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

You see this sheisse and you gotta wonder how the hell these people once managed to have an empire that spanned the globe....

A

well, we founded (and lost) the USA, what have you lot done apart from whinged ?

No, I’ll stop there before the we get closed down for politics.

Sorry mods..

J

On 6/7/2023 at 3:00 AM, paulo said:

I used to live in a place with attached neighbours and they were forever banging on the walls and screaming in the middle of the night.

....it was at the time when I liked to do my drum practice....

I'm wondering about a chicken-and-egg thing here.

After selling my Roland e-drums, thinking my neighbours here in UK were cool with my drumming at reasonable hours. I got a knock on the door this morning. "It's becoming ridiculous Tony, we hear your (acoustic) drums every day. That's true, about an hour each morning usually after 8am or close to 9am week days and about 9-10 on weekends. We treated the room an most of the sound is actually contained, but, they can hear it over their crickets and classical music, therefor it's an issue. They don't want me to stop playing, just play less loud less often. It's already only hitting about 55db across the road... I'm sick of people not wanting live music around them anymore. I get if I was playing early morning or late at night.. but sheez...