Is Ozone Advanced NI Komplete crossgrade upgrade @ $124 worth it?

El Diablo

Hi.

I got Ozone Standard from the Komplete 14 upgrade.  I'm curious if it's worth upgrading the Ozone to advanced or should I save my money OR is should I wait for a better deal?

This song was done without Ozone:

and this is remastered with Ozone (I did add bass and organ, but Ozone seemed to glue everything together anyways):

I can't seem to understand the differences on standard vs advanced. Can you explain in your own words the difference or what your opinion on if I should grab that deal or not?

Since they took away Insight from the Advanced bundle, the main advantage now over the standard edition is getting each of Ozone's modules as individual plugins.

I very rarely use Ozone's individual plugins. I think you could find better things to spend that $124 on.

Of course, that's just my opinion. You can compare the Standard and Advanced editions here.

• Thanks 1

Ozone 9 Advanced completely changed everything for me from mixing to mastering. I'm able to get to a finished master now significantly quicker, with subpar headphones.

2 years ago now, which BTW was the last time I turned on my DAW, I transferred some old 4 track masters my brother and I recorded in the 80s. I did a massive amount of editing including extensive vocal repair (using Melodyne) and added new instruments.

I did it all with headphones using O9A. I didn't even have my monitors hooked up. It only took 2 or 3 trips to the car and listening to YouTube uploads to get the best masters that I've ever done. Those are my main listening environments so that's what I was shooting for.

I really like O9A but I'm also 100% certain the same results could be achieved just as easily by someone with other plugs and a better setup than I have. I'm just a home DIY/hobbyist when it comes to all this. The visual plugs that help you master helped me significantly.

The big downside I ran in to is, you need a powerful system. Even if you don't embed it in to all your tracks and just use the stand alone plugs it can bog you down real quick.