Re: Sample Files

TedPiano

Hi All,

Re: Sample Files & Sample File zip files - Storage

Quick Q: I downloaded some large Blue Octopus Sample Files e.g. 8Gb - I extracted the samples to an external HD to go through and then move samples I liked to a CBB AudioContent file - but I noticed that the zip files in my Laptop download file are equally as large i.e. 8Gbs etc

So I'm wondering (to save space on my Laptop) if, after extracting Sample files to my external HD if it would be ok to delete the zip files and if necessary return to Blue Octopus for redownload

The above would save a lot of space on my computer but is there something technical that I am failing to appreciate

Would really love to really start streamlining my "Music" Laptop - so any advice and suggestions most welcome

Best

Ed

Yes, you can delete the zip file as it is just a way to put all the sample files into one file for ease of download.  If you have access to download the Zip at any time, then best to let them "Store" it for you.  Do be aware though that Companies go out of business and some day it may not be available for download anymore, so best to make some sort of Backup.  I buy cheap 16Gb and 32Gb thumb drives, copy the zip to them and then label and put away in case I ever need them.

Peace,

Blindeddie